Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tawasin of Divine Will


The first circle is his will; the second is his rule; the third is his power; the fourth is his knowledge & his pre-eternity.

Iblis said: “If I entered the first circle I would be tried by the second. If I was made to pass the second, I would be tried by the third. If I was satisfied with the third, I would be tried by the fourth.

So no, no, no, no, no.

Even if I stayed at the first, I'd be cursed until the second, & rejected until the third. What's the fourth to me? If I knew that bowing would save me, I would have bowed, but I knew that there were circles beyond this circle. I said, in my state: “If I’m saved from this circle, how will I be rescued from the second & the third & the fourth?”

The fifth alif is Him, the Ever Living.

- al Hallaj