Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hallaj:
If you disfigure the outer Sufi, the inner one is freed; a shattered mirror's image severed from the body it reflects.

Adhem:
What a shattered mirror reflects is violence; the body severed from itself. Ya akhi, the surface shatters depth like an air. 

Hallaj:
When you lost depth, you were left with surface. When you lost surface, you were left with sound. God concentrates himself upon all particles, until they play; the Sufi's ear is filled with singing.

Adhem:
Do you hear me?

Hallaj:
I hear the fire that you carry like a rhyme. It speaks on your behalf.

Adhem:
I've marred my outside & become a mirror. I've burned myself in the name of an out, now what?

Hallaj:
Concentrate upon fire until the ghosts of flames dance on your skin. Explode, like a compressed atom of God.

Adhem:
Ahem.