Thursday, December 08, 2011

Mawqif of Choice

He stopped me at Choice & said: “All of them are sick.”

“Behold, the doctor enters upon them day & night. I address them with the doctor’s tongue & they know that it's I who speaks to them, but they promise diet for the doctor, not for me.”

“They were in my hand, so I turned them to my hand & didn’t restore them to the hand in which they were."

“When you see fire, fall in it & don’t flee: if you fall in it, it will be slaked; if you flee from it, it will seek you out & scorch you.”

“I light the fire with my second hand.”

“You must break habit. But when you break habit, you lose manners.”

“Your prayer belongs to that which stops you or propels you. Your intention belongs to that which talks to you or you talk to.”

“There’s no door or way to me.”

 “When I speak, speak. When I’m silent, silence.”

“Go to the barren wilderness & sit solitary, until I see you.  For when I do, I’ll ascend from earth to heaven with you. I won’t conceal myself from you.”

“If the call of my people doesn’t accompany you through all this, you’ve erred.”

“If you’re everything I want, weep to yourself & call out to me; I’ll protect you from the companion’s evil.”

“If you're only something I want, you straddle danger, & even a pupil’s movement will harm you.”

“I’ve created all of you. What do you wish?”
I saw the barricade encircle me & saw Him laughing from it.

He said: "This is the station of my people & none laughs in it but me.”

“I’ve made as many doors as creations, in the barricade & planted a tree & a cool spring at each door. I made you thirst. If you depart, I won’t restore you to the station or let you drink its water.”

“Sleep to see me & you will see; wake to see yourself & you won’t see me.”

“When you find me with the liar, don’t remember him with me. When you find me with the sincere, remember him with me.”

“I must make myself known to you & this making known is a trial; I don’t stop. I’m the source of the trial. I love it in you. I manifested it for you. I loathe it in you. Gnosis of the trial is trial. Ignorance of the trial is trial.”

“Remember me as a child does; call out to me as a woman would.”

“You’re no slave of mine if you tell men of yourself or yours. But when you come to me, it’s as if everything that happened didn't.”

al Niffari

***


موقف الاختيار

أوقفني في الاختيار وقال لي كلهم مرضى

وقال لي هو ذا يدخل الطب عليهم بالغداة والعشي وأخاطبهم أنا على ألسنة الطب ويعلمون أنني أنا أكلمهم ويعدون الطب بالحمية ولا يعدوني

وقال لي كانوا في يدي فقلبتهم إلى يدي وليس أردهم إلى اليد التي كانوا فيها

وقال لي إذا رأيت النار فقع فيها ولا تهرب فإنك إن وقعت فيها أنطقت وإن هربت منها طلبتك وأحرقتك

وقال لي أنا أوقد النار باليد الثانية

وقال لي لابد أن تتحرك عادة فإذا تحركت عادة فما لك أدب

وقال لي صلوتك لما يوقفك أو يعجلك وقصدك لما يحادثك أو تحادثه

وقال لي ما لي باب ولا طريق

وقال لي إذا تكلمت فتكلم وإذا صمت فاصمت

وقال لي اخرج إلى البرية الفارغة واقعد وحدك حتى أراك فإني إذا رأيتك عرجت بك من الأرض إلى السماء ولم أحتجب عنك

وقال لي إن لم تصحبك في هذا كله دعوة عامي تهت

وقال لي إذا كنت كما أريد في كل شيء فابك على نفسك ونادني أعوذ بك من سوء القرين

وقال لي إذا كنت لي كما أريد في بعض الشيء فقد ركبت الخطر وإن تحرك بؤبؤ عينك ضرك

وقال لي كلك خلق فماذا تروم، فرأيت السد قد أحاط بي ورأيته في السد يضحك، وقال هذا منزل أهلي ولا أضحك إلا فيه

وقال لي قد جعلت لك في السد أبواباً بعدد ما خلقت وغرست على كل باب شجرة وعين ماء باردة وأظمأتك وعزتي لئن خرجت لا رددتك إلى منزل أهلي ولا سقيتك من الماء

وقال لي نم لتراني فإنك تراني، واستيقظ لتراك فإنك لن تراني

وقال لي إذا وجدتني عند الكذاب فلا تذكره بي، وإذا وجدتني عند المخلص فذكره بي

وقال لي لا بد من أن أتعرف إليك وتعرفي إليك بلاء، أنا لا أزول أنا أصل البلاء أحببت فيك البلاء أظهرت لك البلاء كرهت منك البلاء معرفتك بالبلاء بلاء إنكارك للبلاء بلاء

وقال لي اذكرني كما يذكرني الطفل وادعني كما تدعوني المرأة

وقال لي لا تكون لي عبداً وأنت تخبر الناس بم أو بما منك فإذا جئت إلى فكأن الذي جرى كله لم يكن.

النفري